Sunday, July 31, 2011

Deus E Bom Pra Mim!!

Yesterday Matt and I returned to Valle del Sol after having not been for a month for various reasons.  As Steve met us at the school he said a short term mission team from Brazil would be joining us.  We foolishly thought they would arrive at 2 when the Bible School started.  They were not there, but tons of kids were.  At that point Steve put me on the spot and told me to start singing with the kids.  Unfortuneatly, all of the kids songs I know in Spanish, they do not know, and they were in no mood to learn them.  So I just tried to get them to sing for several grueling minutes with all of the kids looking at me like the fool that I was.  Horacio, who has a CD of children's songs and big poster boards with all of the words shows up and rescues me.  A few minutes later, the group from Brazil showed up, and taught the kids some songs in Portuguese.

At one point they had kids go up and sing the song, then the kids said adults should too.  So, first Horacio went to sing it, then I did.  I was in the back with Haley and kind of learned the words, but I didn't even realize there were motions to go with it, so I had to do it again with motions.  The words to the song we sang are:

Deus é bom para mim!
Deus é bom para mim!
Seguro estou, com Ele eu vou!
Deus é bom para mim!”

It means:
God has come for me!
God has come for me!
I am sure with Him I go!
God has come for me!

We left after the Bible lesson because Haley hadn't taken a nap and was getting really grumpy, but they had some activities for the kids to do.  It was neat to be able to worship in even another language, and that God understands all languages.  Fortunately, Portuguese is similar to Spanish and I could understand some of the people.







No comments: