Monday, July 11, 2011

Once Upon a Time

  • Once upon a time, I had more shoes than I could ever wear.
  • Once upon a time, I went shopping just because I had a bad day.
  • Once upon a time, I never had to worry about my shoes wearing out because I didn't have to walk every where, and I had so many shoes that my shoes didn't have the chance to wear out.
  • Once upon a time, I had jeans without holes.
  • The list goes on.
Sometimes, when my only pair of sandals break, my tennis shoes wear a hole or my jeans rip, I feel frustrated.  I sometimes wish I could run to Dillards and buy a pair of cute, new shoes.  However, I am so thankful for the life God has given me.  I'm thankful that, although my only pair of sandals tore up today, that I do have other shoes that I can continue to wear.  I'm thankful that, although my jeans have holes, I do have  other clothes I can wear.  I am thankful that, although sometimes I have to walk in the rain, I have a dry home to come into.  I'm thankful that God constantly reminds me that the souls of people are so much more important and valuable than cute shoes.

Praising God tonight for big reminders in the smallest ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful insites from a young woman. May many more blessings come your way. It is good you are able to see the value in the things most women your age would consider a trama. linda