Friday, July 29, 2011

ECO

The ECO is the oral profficiency test that our school offers.  It is usually about 30 minutes of answering whatever question the teacher wants to ask to us.  We were assigned to teachers that we have never had as our teacher so that they don't really have a clue what level we are on.  It evens the playing field a little bit.  I walked, and Eugenia greeted me with "Oh you're Nicole, the famous one that I have heard so many good things about."  That immediately eased any anxiety I might have had.  Her best friend, Xinia, works in the office, and Xinia and I have become friends during Zumba.  The questions were not difficult, and just gave me the opportunity to talk about things I really care about, my family, my ministry, and my interests.  At the end she turned off the recorder and told me one of the best compliments I have ever heard.  She told me that she has seen that Matt and I both have an obvious passion for the people of Latin America. She said she appreciated how much we love people without discrimination.  She said much more.  This was someone I had never talked to before today, but she had been watching me and my family and how we interact with others.  After she finished all that she had to say, I was deeply touched.

Matt came out of his test, also feeling that he had done well.  Monday we have a 16 page grammar test, and we graduate 2 weeks from today.  We are one step closer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, Felicitaciones en completar sus examines! Yo ore por ustedes. Me gusto mucho oir las palabras de la senora. Me gusto tambien leer tus palabras: One step closer. Les admiro mucho en seguir sus metas. Quiero animarles en buscando la victoria en sus obras en el reino. Que Dios les bendiga en toda manera!! Jerry