Friday, July 29, 2011

That girl is going to cost me a fortune

Today after our oral proficiency exam, we decided to go to the mall to celebrate finishing.  We went to a mall with a playground inside of it to eat Taco Bell (Matt) and Pizza Hut (Me and Haley) and to walk around.  After playing, the first store was a shoe store.  Haley would say "shoe, pretty; sandals, pretty; boots; pretty."  Keep in mind these were all women's shoes.  Then she looked at me and said "Mommy, I shoes" (she doesn't use many verbs in her sentances yet).  The next shoestore had sandals, crocs, and converse all in her size.  Quickly "shoe, pretty" transfered to "I hold it" which is her way of asking for it.  She was ok with us saying no, but still in awe of the shoes. 

Later we went to Carrion (Think JC Penney). Matt, when we got there told her he would buy her a shirt.  At the store in the shoes (women and girls) she thought all were pretty, but some were prettier than others.  In the clothes section, she knew exactly what she thought was pretty.  At the end she had a polo and a dress.  Matt told her she could get the shirt because it was cheaper.  The rest of the time at the mall she kept saying "I polo, I hold it." 

I know I will have so much fun with this little girl, going shopping with her, but as much as she likes clothes and shoes, and pretty things, she is going to cost us a fortune.  Oh well.

1 comment:

Erica Dezman said...

Haley is a lady of taste and fashion. Sounds like a fun afternoon!