Thursday, August 11, 2011

Last Day at ILE

Today was a wierd day.  I have been looking forward to finishing my time in language school pretty much since it started.  We have been planning to move to Honduras since before we got married.  However, today I was not elated like I was when I turned in my final exam in Monte Cox's class 3 years ago, and I did not cheer as I walked out of Ana's class today. 

I have been so excited for this day to come, but today, my emotions were heavy.  I knew that at the end of the school day 5 of the teachers in our school would be let go due to lack of money and new students coming to the school, not due to the inability to teach.  Therefore, the school today was filled with tension,  and I think everyone could feel it. 

Don't get me wrong, I am relieved to no longer have homework, tests or papers to do.  I am also excited to visit friends and family in the States and be in Honduras next month, but I was torn because I knew some of my teachers, or friends, would be losing their jobs today.  Hoping tommorow's graduation is more sweet than bitter, although it will be filled with goodbye's to the friends we have made this year.

No comments: