Sunday, February 13, 2011

Traditions

I just got done writing a paper about traditions. I love traditions; they have always been special to me. Growing up, things like Easter basket cupcakes, ghost cookies, and the giant Christmas tree cookie made from various sizes of star cookies were things I always looked forward to making with my mom. I loved dying Easter eggs and watching fire works. Now, I even love the tradition of blackeyed peas and corn bread. I will even keep my mom's tradition of not doing laundry on New Years (Any day I don't have to do laundry is a good day). I loved decorating for Easter, Halloween, and Christmas. I loved every detail we took to set up the Snow Village. I loved shopping for Thanksgiving the Sunday before Thanksgiving and planning out our big menu every year. I loved our family Christmas Party on Christmas Eve where we would make all of our favorite snacks, pig out, play games and read The Polar Express.

We had several traditions when I was growing up. Every one of them was special to me, while to Ryan and Nathan they were more give-or-take. As different holidays approach now, I love starting some new traditions with Haley and continuing others that I did as a kid.

Please tell me what are some of your favorite family traditions?

1 comment:

Terri L Tindall said...

You brought back a flood of memories. Some of my favorites you mentioned. The snow village, shopping for Thanksgiving. But I loved doing something as a family ever 4th of July and making Valentine's day special for you three kids.