Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stuffed Pasta

I love trying to make new things, I don't like trying to find recipes for the ingredients I can easily find here in Costa Rica without spending a fortune. Tonight, I made stuffed pasta shells that turned out great. I am going to start sharing my recipes on her ocassionally (or at least as close to it as I can since I don't measure anything.)

For the stuffing:
1lb of ground beef partially browned (if you put it in raw, it won't cook enough, if you put it in brown it will be dry when you eat it.)
1 cup of cream cheese
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of fresh parsley
3-4 cups of spinach (i'm really not sure on this one. it looked like a little less than a bag of spinach from walmart)
salt and pepper

Mix these ingredients together and stuff into cooked pasta shells. Be careful to not rip the shells. Pour a jar of your favorite tomato sauce on top of the shells and layer with Mozzerella cheese. Set the oven at 350 and bake for 30 minutes. I added Tony's and Badia Complete seasoning with the sauce, but this was preference of our family, it would be good with out it too.

No comments: