Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fun in Valle de Sol

This trimester, we have been spending most Saturdays working in a poor community called Valle de Sol.  There are 3 Bible Classes every Saturday.  Little ones who can't read yet (about 3-6), reading kids 6-8, and kids 9-12 in the class that I have been teaching.  Normally we have been having 5 or 6 in class, but yesterday there were about 12 in the class.  There were only two boys, and they were very quiet.  All three classes were being held in the same little one room church building.  A group of ladies was having a Bible Study outside the church.  We were having to compete with the little kids talking in their class and Chuck and Mary using a microphone in the middle class.  I don't know if they got one thing out of class yesterday because, as most 5 and 6 grade girls do, they were all talking and barely listening to me.  They told me how much they loved me and that they missed me the last two weeks that I didn't come.  It was encouraging to me know that I am actually making a difference to them.  Sometimes you never know how much of a difference you are making.  I was telling Matt that not many people would love working with girls this age, but that is something I am so excited about.  Not all of them go to church on Sunday, so for some of them what they hear in class on Saturday is all the Bible information they hear.  It is also interesting to see how much these 10 and 11 year old girls love to color many of them never had the opportunity to color when they were younger. 


Please pray that we will be a light to these kids the rest of the time we are here.  Remember that if you comment on our blog you will be entered into the free BRITT COFFEE (delicious Costa Rican Coffee) drawing on May.

No comments: