Sunday, April 17, 2011

BUSTED PRIDE

When I was in highschool I always told a joke where the punch line was YAY FOR THE STUPID KID!!!  It became a big joke among me and my friends whenever someone did something dumb, we would all say YAY FOR THE STUPID KID  and laugh.  Well today, I had a big YAY FOR THE STUPID KID moment. 

Today at the park, I thought I would momentarily join in a soccer game of my friends's kids.  They ranged in ages from 5-10.  As I was running, my sandals flew off, but I decided to persue the act of getting the ball and scoring.  Right as I was about to take the ball from Jacob Wilson and score, I tripped on a rock.  I did something that Matt said looked like an upside down bellyflop.  I got up and had dirt from head to toe.  Matt was over on the sides talking, and when he saw my gracefulness on the soccer field, he burst into laughter.  Our friends asked if he was going to check on me because the fall looked bad.  He said that he was sure I was ok, but that I would probably have to nurse my pride a bit.  I was, in fact, pretty embarrased, but I also hurt my food a little bit and have a great big bruise in the middle of it.  Matt asked if it hurt to walk.  I said tht every step that I make reminds me of my stupidity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will never forget not long after I married I went back to my home school to a outsiders basketball game and I had already had our first child but I thought I could join in the bb game. Well I started to fall and it was anything but graceful you know I kept running thinking I could catch myself and not fall and when I finally went down I liked to have never gotten up. I could not believe how soon I lost that ability to stay on my feet. EMBARASSED IS THE WORD. Stupid Kid is what I was too. That was 55years ago and my face still gets red. I am sure no one else remembers it except me. linda