Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ana and Cindy

It is interesting how kids are.  They thrive on responsibility and routine, and without these things there is chaos.  As I have mentioned, all of the kids love Haley and want to play with her all of the time.  I have given two girls a little extra responsibility in watching Haley and making sure she doesn't get hurt.  Ana and Cindy always make sure Haley has water, that the other kids share their snack with her, and that she is included in what is going on.  Ana likes to help change her clothes and her diaper when needed.  Cindy likes to help her explore the world. 

I just met Ana in July, but I have known Cindy for 4 years.  Four years ago, I could not ever imagine trusting Cindy with anything or anyone, especially not my little girl.  Now Cindy takes good care of Haley.  Today, when Haley and Cindy were playing, Haley ran off the trampoline.  Cindy ran to me and apologized for allowing it to happen, and that she tried to catch her, but Haley was too fast.  Cindy had a look of terror in her eyes when she thought she might not get to play with Haley anymore.  I gave her a hug and told her I knew it was an accident and it wasn't her fault.


Most days, since we have been here, Cindy has behaved very well.  I praise God in the improvements in her behavior.  Both Cindy and Ana have taken their extra responsibility seriously, and with that responsibility, they have behaved better too.

No comments: