Monday, November 7, 2011

Terribly 2

Today and many other days I am at a loss of what to do witj Haley. She is such a sweet little girl. But she has a mind of her own. No discipline that we do to her seems to work. Although, we try to be consistant.

The biggest thing right now is in the car. She doesn't want to stay in her seat, and is quite the Hudini of getting out. Today, I went to TeletOn with Guadalupe and Fernando. With Matt being in the hospital, Haley got to make the trip with me.

From the city, back to Santa Ana, Haley got out of her seat at least 6 times. Each was follewed by a spanking, an explaination of the danger that is involved in getting out of her seat, and me re-strapping her in as tight as I could. I would get out of the car and Ask what was going to happen. She responded "pow pow." I would ask how many, and she would say 3. Then after three firm swats on her hiney, she would look at me like nothing had happened to her.

Later, she purposely poured water on on the ground and the furniture and for the next several minutes kept leaving her timeout area until I finally held her there for a complete timeout duration.

I love her and she is the biggest blessing. I just don't think any discipline sinks in with her. Advice is welcome.

No comments: