Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sisi

The past week Sisi has been really down in the dumps.  She has always cried very easily, but this week it has been worse.  Today, she was crying and wouldn't stop.  She wasn't in trouble, she hadn't been in a fight, and no one had said anything mean to her.

I finally found out why she was crying, but I knew it was something more.  I knew she had told my dad earlier this week that she wished that she had a family.  I asked her if she was feeling sad and felt like she needed a mom.  With big tears in her eyes she said yes.  I told her she could call me "Mommy" and that I loved her.  With that she smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen.  She really needed someone to tell her that they love her and that she is part of their family.

Matt came up to her and said he would be her daddy, and she embraced him tightly.  Pray for Sisi this week.  Pray that she knows how special she is and that she has someone to love her.

No comments: