Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Just a little Stuck

The other day I wrote here about my adventure going to town with two kids and my car not working as it should.  Well, the shop was unable to do anything for the car because they could not find anything wrong with it, so Luis brought it to the airport where we were dropping the group from California off.  After Matt, Haley, Melissa, Liseth, the boys and I said our goodbyes, and ate some fried chicken, we headed up the mountain to our home in Ojojona.  The return to Ojojona was uneventful, it was as we were pulling into our house that things became exciting.  We thought the mud was had dried up enough to drive through, but it hadn't.

As Matt was backing into the carport area, the car stopped.  The wheels kept moving, but the car wasn't going anywhere.  Then Matt put it into 4 wheel drive but it was too late.  We called our neighbor Richard to come to help us.  He put some wood under the back tire, and he and Matt tried to dig the tire out.  Richard's solution was call Dorian, he had a jack in his truck.  I had also called my dad who was also coming back from the city to come help us. 

After much digging, jumping on the car, jacking the car up, the final solution was to push the car out.  Matt, Richard, Dorian and my dad pushed while I nervously drove.  I was scared that I was going to hit the wall only 2 feet behind me as soon as the Trooper got unstuck. 

Fortunately, the Trooper got unstuck and no damage was done.  Just another adventure in the life here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys do get in some difficult situaations. I always hated to drive a vehicle that was being pulled. We owned a auto repair shop for several years and it was my job many times and I never learned to like to do that. You are young tho and you will become a pro. linda