Monday, March 10, 2008

An Encouraging Week

I'm sorry that I missed posting a blog my last couple days in Honduras. We were very busy. Praise God that he granted us with a safe arrival back into Searcy yesterday. We left Tegucigalpa on Friday at 6:00 to head back to San Pedro Sula. We had a 2:00 AM flight from there and we were supposed to get to a wedding in Mississippi on Saturday afternoon. Due to bad weather, we were unable to attend the wedding or even the reception. Matt and I were just happy that we did not have to drive all of the way to Searcy on Saturday. Our good friends the Fergusons let us sleep in their house. At that point we did not care where we slept as long as we were able to sleep.

Our time in Honduras last week was very encouraging. We were presented with a new m inistry opportunity which we will discuss later. It was also encouraging to see 15 kids that have each found a special place in our hearts. Each of these precious children has grown in many ways from last summer when we were with them. Daniela can be away from Pamela now and has developed the cutest little personality. Pamela is so much happier than she was last summer. She really looks after the younger kids. Yovanni is much less whiney when things don't go his way. I could go on and on about the changes in the kids that we saw.

I was encouraged by the singing both in our morning devotionals as well as church on Sunday morning. In Honduras, people don't care about pitch, key, or tune. They care about praising God with every ounce of their being. I dont know how many times I have been in some sort of worship service or even cahpel here at Harding where someone has started a song over because it was slightly off key. It was uplifting to be with people who jsut wanted to praise God, and they don't care how they sound. How incredible would it be if when we sang, we sang with every ounce of our being as if we were singing for God not for men.

I was also encouraged this week by my parents. They both shared with Matt and I some very encouraging words about us moving to Honduras. It is good to know that they are proud of what we are doing.

I was encouraged by seeing many people that I have built relationships with since 2001. It alsways makes me happy to see old friends.

God is working so powerfully right now. It is so exciting to see his hand at work. I am looking forward to see how he is going to use us as a part of his magnificent plan. He is wonderful. I praise Him.

Look for God at work today.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Hey Nicole,
I don't have long because the morning was spent voting, baking muffins, cleaning, washing laundry and I have visited my neighbor, Mollie and Gladys, a member of the church and taken goodies to them today.

Let's pray together right now about your parents getting home safe to Honduras.

I am glad you both enjoyed your time there in Honduras and in MS.
I enjoyed seeing you all and having you in our home.

By the way, did you leave a brown jacket here? I found one and do not know if it is yours or Ramona's.
It's not your parents as they left it behind when I had put it on their bed to keep them from forgetting it. If it happens to be yours please email me. I will mail it to Searcy.

I admire that you give God HIS Glory in all things. You feel very passionate about the kids at Casa and I am very touched by your love.

Have a blessed day. Love, Ginger Freeman in Columbus, MS