Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Proud of the Twins

Last year when Karen was in the States after having Korbin (who turns one tomorrow), twins Olman and Josue came to live with us at CdE. There was adjustments to be made all around for everyone, especially Mirian. The twins were premature; we assume by two months, but we are not sure. We also believe their mom was on drugs during the pregnancy.

These two guys have had quite a bit of health issues, but slowly, they are starting to make some real progress. I have made it my mission to work with them a couple hours a day. I also started giving them daily fruits and vegies. Mirian has been fearful of feeding them thinking that various foods may make them sick, so they have just been having milk or formula. I have been teaching her how to make baby foods in the blender, and she and I each take one baby and feed them.

Olman hates me, but he loves food, and he loves Mirian. She always feeds him. I feed Josue. Josue is much smaller than Olman. In fact, before long, Josue will be smaller than Emma. They already weigh about the same, but Emma is shorter and fatter.

Josue is much further behind in his physical development. He cannot bring himself to a sitting postion, but if I sit him up, he is starting to stablize a little more each day. He started crawling about a day before I got home, and is making great progress with this. He moves all over the house now. I do daily exercises with his arms and legs. I know he is getting stronger. Today, he even tried to pull himself up from a crawling position to a standing position. He was unable to do it, but he came very close.

Both boys are doing new things every day, and I am very proud to see their progress. They are each eating a little more each day, and I am sure in the next couple months, they will have huge amouts of growth.

Josue has an appointment at the Neurologist next week as well as physical therapy at Teleton. Please join me in prayer that both of these go well.

No comments: