Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Future First Lady Comes to Preschool

Yesterday, Karen came into my class and told me some politicos were stopping by the children's home tomorrow.  She didn't really know a lot of the details of who all would be coming, but she said that they would be here between 10:00-11:00.  We knew that that could also mean that they didn't show up until 1:00 as the other kids were getting home from school.  I also knew that if there was any chance that they were coming, my classroom needed to be in much better order.  As I started to clean the classroom last night, my dad said that Lucrecia de Alvarez was coming, so things needed to look very nice.  Lucrecia is the wife of the Mayor of Tegucigalpa, but everyone is hoping that Ricardo will be the new president. 

Because Lucrecia was campaigning for her husband here in Santa Ana, she was here with many other people.  The crew stopped here before their official meeting in the center of town, and they arrived about 9:45, 15 minutes early, almost unheard of.  With Lucrecia, I met a lady that used to work at Teleton, but now works for Ricardo.  She assured me that if I have a single problem at Teleton, she would be more than willing to help.  She also told me that she would put herself in charge of Doris, our sweet girl that Teleton can no longer help.  She said she would find a place that could help Doris.

Also, Lucrecia told me that if we ever needed a doctor for any of our kids or anyone that we know in our ministries that she has connections to many doctors in the city that would be willing to see them for free.  Lucrecia and many of her crew came in for a few minutes of preschool class.  They brought cake and cokes for my 7 kids in class.  Reina wanted to show Lucrecia what all she had been doing in class, so she pulled out her folder of work, and Lucrecia graciously told her how beautiful everything she had done was.  I am grateful for the opportunity to meet Lucrecia.  She truly is a jewel.


No comments: