Monday, September 8, 2008

BE STILL AND KNOW

In Psalms 37 and 46 the Psalmist writes to be still and know that HE is God. This verse has been at the top of my mind and very close to my heart lately. As we continue to prepare to move to Honduras to take care of some young ladies that have been forgotten by so many, sometimes it is very difficult for me to wait on God. I know that he is going to provide the funds we need and the right people to partner with us, but it is at times very difficult to be still and wait on him.

I have frequently been praying that God will help me to be still and know that HE is God and to wait for him. He has given me a strong peace that he is going to take care of me. However, some days the devil attacks that peace and tries (and on somedays almost succeeds) to make me believe that because we do not know at this point where our funds will come from, then we should give up on these plans to help the people that God has given us so much compassion for.

As Matt's graduation rapidly approaches, it would be very easy to stress over the fact that we don't really know exactly what we are doing for the time following his graduation. We know one thing for sure... we have to move out of this apartment and move into another.

I pray everyday that God gives me the stillness and the patience to wait on his timing. He has always provided for my needs. I have no reason to doubt that he will quit now. Please pray with me that the devil doesn't convince me otherwise.

No comments: