Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Lamentations 2:19

Lamentations is a book of the Bible that often gets over looked. My mom told me to look at this verse the other day, and it really touched my heart.

19 Arise, cry out in the night,
as the watches of the night begin;
pour out your heart like water
in the presence of the Lord.
Lift up your hands to him
for the lives of your children,
who faint from hunger
at the head of every street.
God has always used children to touch my heart. I love their innocence and the way they laugh. He also has used many poor children to touch my heart. Tonight millions of children around the world are starving. They do not know where their next meal is going to come from. This verse in Lamentations is a commission to pray for the hungry children.
Matt and I are committing our lives to helping children that have lived in horrible conditions. We feel compelled to do what we can to bring at least some children off of the streets. We want to teach them about God's salvation and that life has much more to offer. It is painful to think of all the kids living in deplorable conditions around the world. If it rains they will be wet. If it is cold they will not have blankets to keep them warm.
My heart is so full of compassion for children around the world, but my words are few. Please pray for the starving, poor, homeless children around the world tonight.

No comments: