Monday, March 28, 2011

Why do they give her cookies??

I am consistantly amazed at the amount of food my little girl can acquire in the short time between the worship service ends and the time class begins.  Yesterday, she got 3 or 4 cookies (all from different people), a cup of mangos that someone brought specificly for her, and a few swigs of some lady's grape juice.  Unlike the States I am never asked if it is ok that they load my little girl up with sugar.  I also wander if they think that we don't feed the child.  She always comes to church loaded with juice, cherios, and usually crackers also.  Some weeks anyone that is eating a snack shares theirs with Haley.  I promise that Haley is not begging for it; they just think she is cute and precious and want to share their snacks with her.  While many times I wish that everyone would keep their snacks to themselves (Haley gets enough cookies), I am very thankful that people at our church love her so much that they desire to share what they have with her.  She is a friendly little girl, and everyone loves her.  Therefore, even if everyone at the church gives Haley cookies when I am not paying attention, I can rejoice with the fact that my daughter is loved. 

No comments: